Occasionally, I may hold a movie night on Rabb.it, which is a website that allows me to stream a video that’s synced for everyone. If you’re not familiar with the website, here is a quick guide to get you started so you can join us!
- Please be courteous to folks watching the movie.
- Do not post spoilers.
- Keep spamming to a minimum and do not be disruptive with voice chat.
- Please mute your mic if there is excessive background noise or you’re listening on speakers.
- The room is on a first come, first serve basis. The cap to a room is 25. If you need to leave, please exit so that others may have the chance to join.
We shouldn’t have any problems, but I have the right to mute or kick anyone from the room if they are not following these rules.
- First, you’ll need to join my room. The room will be locked, so you’ll have to create a nickname. Please make your username something recognizable (ideally, the same as or similar to your Twitch username).
- Once I let you in, you’ll see the above notification in the bottom right corner.
- Again, make your name something recognizable. You don’t have to create an account if you don’t want to.
- You can choose to use your webcam and/or mic or you can choose to block both and type in chat only. Choose whatever you prefer. I will probably just use chat or voice.
- You can adjust the quality of your view of the stream.
- You can make the video fullscreen by clicking Enter Fullscreen on the ellipses (…) menu. You can also hide everyone’s avatars by choosing Hide Bubbles. Side Note: You can mute individual users if you need to by clicking on the microphone icon next to their avatar.
- The chat screen is opened on the right of the screen by clicking Messages in the bottom right menu.